Communication profiles are required for configuring email notifications and alerts.
You can configure as many communication profiles as needed.
Click on Settings > Profile and select the Communication Profiles tab:
- Name: enter a name for this profile
- Mail Gateway: enter a SMTP Gateway for sending the mail
- Port: specify the SMTP Port
- Use Authentication: check this box if your SMTP Server requires authentication
- Secure: select if TLS is used. If unchecked StartTLS is used.
- Ignore TLS: select this checkbox if you want to ignore TLS completely (even if server supports StartTLS)
- Require TLS: select this if the profile should use StartTLS even if the server does not advertise it. If connection can not be encrpyted the mail message will not be sent!
- Username: enter username if authentication is necessary
- Password: enter password for authentication
- Sender address: enter the address which is used for sending mail messages
- Show Advanced: this is optionally and can be used if one would add additional SMTP header information
- Please do not forget to save the Communication Profile
Important: In a final step, the communication profile needs to be depleyed by clicking on the Deploy communication profiles button on the left hand side of the view.