OfficeExpert collects data continuously from the environment and stores it in the virtual appliance's data warehouse. This ensures that the data collected stays available even after server logs have been cleaned up on Microsoft servers. In general, data collection depends on your license:
OfficeExpert Teams Analytics includes...
- Azure Interactive Sign-in Events
- Microsoft Teams Data
- Overall usage Data of other Office 365 Workloads
- License and Subscription Data
- Services communication Data
- Graph API Data: Azure Audit Logs, MS Teams (Teams, Channels, Members, Apps, ...), MS Graph Activity Reports, Azure AD (Users and Groups) incl. all attributes
Graph App permissions: ChannelMessage.Read.All, Reports.Read.All,ServiceHealth.Read, Directory.Read.All, Group.Read.All, AuditLog.Read.All
Note - Azure AD User Objects: All available attributes are retrieved (e.g. Department, Location, ...).
- Mail Analytics:
Message Trace information is retrieved via the following path: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/office/developer/o365-enterprise-developers/jj984328(v=office.15)
It requires an account with Exchange Admin role
OfficeExpert Appliance needs to have outbound access to the following URLs
OfficeExpert Ops Analytics (End User Experience) includes...
- MS Teams Simulation
- MS Exchange Simulation
- MS SharePoint Simulation
- MS OneDrive Simulation
- MS Skype for Business Simulation
- Azure AD Connect Server
- Active Directory Federation Services
- Data sources: Quality of service bots (Skype, Sharepoint, OneDrive, Exchange, network simulations), On-Premises server monitoring (Win Services, Performance Counters), Azure Sync Simulation, O365 Service Health, Azure AD (Users and Groups), Mailflow simulations
Information is collected for all available services specified during configuration/setup. For details please refer to the Setup Guide.
When a respective data collection task runs, depends on the kind of data and its source:
- Server Monitoring and Services communication data feeds run every 15 minutes.
- Data collection once a day:
- MS Graph Activity Reports, Azure AD, Office 365 Service Health, and On-Premises Monitoring: Data collection feed starts to run at 12:00 am local time.
- MS Teams data: Data processing depends on results of particular feeds. Thus feeds run staggered starting from 6:30 pm until around 12:00 am local time.
- Azure Audit Logs: Data feed run every 60 minutes
- Mail Message Trace: Data feed run every 60 minutes
- Custom intervals:
- Quality of service bots: Intervals for data processing feeds are defined while bot setup.
- Azure Sync Simulation: Depends on the centrally configured Azure synchonization cycle. Cycle Count Threshold can be defined in simulation settings.
- Mailflow Simulation: Interval can be defined in simulation settings.
User Guide Navigation: