Configuring Mail Flow Simulations enables OfficeExpert to measure mail flow durations between two mail systems. The Output is then shown on the Mail Flow Page of OfficeExpert.
You can configure as many as you like!
- Click on Settings - Simulations
- Click on Mail Flow Simulations Tab
- Click on Create new Mail Flow Simulation
- Enter a Name of the Mail Flow Simulation
SMTP (Sender) Section:
• please type in the Mail Gateway and its Port (usually 25 or 587) as starting point of the mail flow simulation. This can be any SMTP server.
• check Authentication enabled in case the server requires authentication
• check StartTLS enabled if the SMTP server requires encryption
• enter the Sender Address, which will also be used for authentication (if enabled), and the corresponding Password.
IMAP (Recipient) Section:
• enter the IMAP Server name and its Port (usually 143 or 993)
• tick SSL enabled if required
• fill in the Recipient Address and the corresponding Password
Task Settings - Section:
• Define the maximum number of checks (against the recipient mailbox)
• Define when the mail flow cycle should timeout
• Define the Mail Flow Interval
The OfficeExpert Mail Flow Simulation works as follows:
At the beginning of a defined interval, an email is sent from the sender to the recipient address. Within a defined timeout cycle, the recipient mailbox is checked several times. This number is also definable (Tasks Settings)
Example: If Max. Number of Checks is set to “5”, Mail Cycle Timeout is set to “5min” and Interval is set to “15min”:
• an email will be send every 15 minutes
• the simulation will be considered successfully if the mail arrives within the first 5 minutes after the sending
• the mailbox of the recipient will be checked every minute (Mail Cycle Timeout divided by Max. Number of Checks)
Finally tick the check box left to Mail Flow Simulation to activate this task.