If you prefer to run OfficeExpert on-premises, follow the steps in this article to deploy the OfficeExpert appliance.
Please note that you have to deploy the ACE Bot (optional) on Azure to get notifications from the OfficeExpert ACE app, see ACE Bot — Azure Deployment.
- Option VMWare: panagenda_OfficeExpert.ova – image file directly deployable via the VMWare vSphere client. It holds the OfficeExpert virtual appliance in open virtualization format (OVF).
- Option Hyper-V: panagenda_officeexpert_hyperv_vhd.7z - 7z archive which contains the OfficeExpert virtual appliance in Microsoft Hyper-V format
- OfficeExpert.zip – OfficeExpert bot installer files for simulation machines
- OfficeExpert_WinProxy.msi – Install Wizard for the Windows Proxy
We recommend running on-premises OfficeExpert production systems in a VMWare vSphere/ ESX enterprise environment. An additional option is VMWare Workstation, which is mainly targeted at temporary evaluation environments and is not supported for production use.
VMWare Workstation Deployment
- Start VMWare Workstation
- Open the Virtual Machine
- Select the file panagenda_OfficeExpert.ova
VMWare ESX, ESXi, or vSphere Deployment
Open VMWare ESX, ESXi or vSpere and select Deploy OVF Template...:
The Deploy OVF Template dialog will open:
- Source: Specify the location where you saved the OfficeExpert OVM file on your hard drive, e.g.: C:/Temp/OfficeExpert.ova
- OVF Template Details: Get information about the OfficeExpert version you are about to deploy. When you are done, click on Next.
- Name and Location: We recommend to name this template "panagenda OfficeExpert".
- Storage: Select a destination storage for the virtual machine files.
- Disk Format: Select the format in which you want to store the virtual disks. We recommend to choose "Thick Provision Eager Zeroed".
- Network Mapping: Select the network the deployed OfficeExpert template should use.
Ready to Complete: Shows you the options you set up. If you are satisfied with you settings, click on Finish to start the deployment.
If you are prompted to update the VMWare Tools during appliance update, decline the request. Appropriate VMWare Tools are already installed on the panagenda OfficeExpert appliance.
Microsoft Hyper-V Deployment
- Extract the file panagenda_officeexpert_hyperv_vhd.7z
- Start Hyper-V Manager
- From the context menu, right-click on your server and select "New -> Virtual Machine..."
- Specify a name for the OfficeExpert appliance
- Specify the generation for the OfficeExpert appliance
- Assign the working memory to the OfficeExpert appliance (we recommend at least 8 GB RAM)
- Specify a network connection
- Connect the extracted OfficeExpert VHDX file (panagenda_officeexpert.vhdx)
- To complete the configuration, click on Finish on the summary screen.
ACE Bot - Optional
If you deploy the OfficeExpert appliance on-premises and you want to get notifications from the OfficeExpert ACE App, you have to deploy the ACE Bot on Azure according to the following knowledge base article:
ACE Bot — Azure Deployment.
Please ensure that all Network and Firewall - Requirements are met!
- Access shell.azure.com and log in as Azure tenant administrator. Alternatively, you can also use Azure CLI.
- Clone this repository by executing:
git clone https://github.com/panagenda/oe-on-az.git; cd oe-on-az
Set the subscription ID accordingly (Azure Subscription you want to use):
Example: az account set --subscription "12345678-9ABC-DEF1-234-56789ABCDEF1"
OPTIONAL — only required if you run your OfficeExpert appliance on-premises!
Create resource group in Azure (we recommend to use the default name: "pana-oe-rg")
Example: az group create --name "pana-oe-rg" --location "westeurope" --subscription "12345678-9ABC-DEF1-234-56789ABCDEF1"
Execute the following command to create the ACE Bot:
Example: ./create-bot.sh "pana-oe-rg" "westeurope" "officeexpert.at.your-company.com"
- Continue with Configure the ACE Bot in Azure Portal (bottom of the page) → Configure ACE Bot in Azure Portal