This article explains the configuration of a notification from A to Z. You can find detailed information about Communication Profiles, Condition Settings and Expressions in the dedicated articles.
A few words about bots, sensors and notifications:
- OfficeExpert has Simulation Bots
- Sensors are assigned to these Bots
- Notifications are assigned to Sensors
Bots –> Sensors –> Notifications
With this configuration, you can assign a single notification to multiple bots.
-AT-VIE Bot has an Outlook Sensor and Skype Sensor active
-The Skype Sensor is also assigned to DE-FRA
-A notification is only configured for the Skype Sensor
|Bot Name||Sensor Name||Notification Name|
|DE-FR||Skype Sensor||Skype Alert|
Before you start, please make sure you have at least one communication profile configured → Communication Profiles.
In addition to that, please make sure you have at least one sensor configured as well.
- Click on Settings and select Notification Settings.
- Select Bot Notifications to display a table with all available sensors
- Click on Create New Notification and select Email Notification
- The configuration mask is opened on the right-hand side
- Enabled: enable / disable the notification
- Sensor Name: (will be renamed to Notification Title). Assign any name for this notification
- Recipients: Define as many recipients as you like
Recipient Name: Display name
Recipient Email: Email address of the recipient
- Communication Profiles: Select the Communication Profile you want to use for this notification
- Notification Severity: Define your Severity level
- Trigger Condition:
Select the key you want to use for the condition and assign the threshold figure.
The first two sections Notification Trigger Counts and Sensor: General are available for EVERY sensor type.
Depending on which sensor you want to assign the notification to, you must select the right one as a condition.
Example: OneDrive Sensor → Sensor: OneDrive Web → Authentication Status
- Send Condition
The List of Send Conditions is identical to the List of Trigger Conditions; it provides the highest flexibility for configuration scenarios.
In most of the cases, trigger count will be used as a Send Condition.
Example: trigger count is greater than zero
If the trigger condition is met (Duration > 60 seconds), the trigger count is increased by one.
- Skip Condition
The List of Skip Conditions is identical to the List of Trigger Conditions. It provides the highest flexibility for configuration scenarios.
In most of the cases the Send Count will be used as a Skip Condition.
for example: Send Count is greater 1
If the trigger condition is met, the mail is sent and the send count is increased by one.
Next time, if the trigger condition is again met, Skip Condition becomes true (send count greater 1) because one mail has been already sent before → mail will NOT be sent
- Trigger timeout
This is only used if the checkbox "Reset triggers counts if no trigger within defined timeout).
It is the defined timeout interval until the system resets ALL the condition counters (trigger, send, skip counters)
- Reset triggers counts if no trigger within defined timeout
Select if you want to reset all the counters automatically with the specified trigger timeout (see above).
- Reset triggers counts on nonconsecutive trigger events
Select if you want to reset all counters whenever the measured value falls below the threshold value
example: OverallDuration > 60sec
If the Bot exceeds this threshold, a notification is sent. As long as the bot is above this value, all the counters are active.
Whenever the Bot falls below the threshold (System is back to normal levels), all the conditions are reset and a message will be sent once whenever it rises above the threshold again
Assigned Sensors + Message Text
- Assigned Sensors
Select all the Sensors for which this notification should become active
- Message Subject:
Enter any Subject you like. You can use also Expressions, which are a kind of placeholders (See chapter: Notification Expressions)
- Message Body
Enter any Body Text you like. You can use also Expressions, which are a kind of placeholders (See chapter: Notification Expressions)
- Click on SAVE
- The Sensor on the left side should now reflect the configured notification action in the bracket (1)
Note: if this is not the case, please click on Refresh Data
- Finally, click on Deploy Notification Configuration
The notification will be initialized and will become active immediately