Release Notes - GreenLight - Version 2.9.5 / Version 2.9.0
- Traveler Activity Statistics: a new sensor has been added that collects statistics about when users have last shown activity on the Traveler server. This adds a new layer to Traveler monitoring that is not merely based on checking individual technical components, but the users' interaction with them. Read more about this topic in panagenda's blog: http://blog.panagenda.com/blog/?p=602
- Scheduled Data Cleanup: a new maintenance feature allows removing data that is older than a specified period of days. Both a variant with a one-time on demand deletion as well as a scheduled job are available
- Disk Space Overview: new section regarding free space has been added to Domino Details (double-click server in Health Grid). Multiple data export and visualization options are available.
- Copy User Preferences: a function has been added that allows copying user preferences as well as grid layouts, etc. An administrator can use it to assign one users settings to another
- Domino Task Summary: a new way to display Domino tasks has been added. This method includes a overall status column (summarizing status for all tasks) and two optional columns for the names of tasks in Warning or Failure states.
- On Demand Measurement: inside the Health and Sensor Grid you will now find icons next to the server names which let you perform immediate measurements for either all (operational relevant) or individual sensors.
- Status Reset Notification: a new option has been added in Actions that allows sending a message when the conditions is not met anymore after an alert was sent. This is mainly used for "Good-Messages" that are sent when e.g. a server goes down and comes back up again. The action with such a status reset notification enabled would produce two emails: one when the server goes down and another when the server comes back up again.
- Server Centric Alerting: this new method of alerting is based on specifying responsible persons (email addresses) for each server. Placeholders can then be used in mail profiles to address the appropriate persons for the current server. Utilizing this technique can dramatically reduce the number of mail profiles and/or Actions in environments where there are numerous groups of persons responsible for individual systems.
- Shell Script Action: this new Action allows execution of a Linux shell script and provides maximum flexibility for triggering executables or connecting to remote operating systems.
- Clone Sensor Setup: a wizard has been made available which allows duplicating sensor assignments and apply them to multiple new servers. This allows to set new servers up rapidly, based on other servers with similar roles.
- Automated Configuration Backup: a daily script has been added that performs a snapshot of the configuration part of the relational database. This feature is only available on the 64bit appliance.
- Mail Profiles: address verification has been adapted to allow more formats of email addresses
- Config Integrity: a maintenance check will verify sensor configuration at first run of the new version
- Server Settings: displayed columns are now freely configurable and additional columns are available
- Viewer Mode: users can now specify their accounts to run in this mode. It will automatically maximize the Live Monitor upon log in and put it to full screen. Optionally, a automatic restart timer can be specified. The application will be reloaded in this interval in order optimize performance and resource usage. Older browsers (e.g. IE8) benefit from this especially since the interaction between Flash plugin and browser are not optimal.
- Disk Statistics Sensor: DAOS information has been added to this sensor. Collection has to be enabled manually in sensor config, together with Translog.
- Disk Statistics Sensor: values have been added that show the number and names of disks below certain thresholds. These thresholds are below 5%, 10%, 15% of total disk space as well as below 1GB, 10GB and 20GB of free space.
- Disk Statistics Sensor: the chart representing current disk usage has been redesigned in order to improve readability with a large amount of disks.
- Domino Availability Sensor: a new statistic "responding" has been added that indicates servers that might not be available (e.g. no access, certificate mismatch, etc.), but are clearly alive if responding with those error messages
- Domino Availability Sensor: this sensor also performs a ping now in order to differentiate between network related outages and Domino downtime. Action properties for this sensor take this new option into account.
- Domino Log Search Sensor: it is now possible to search for multiple key words in a single sensor. Several options on how to combine search conditions are available.
- Domino Log Search Sensor: overall improvements to the result display of this sensor have made, also taking into account the new feature mentioned above.
- Domino Console Command Action: several improvements have been made to tune usability (e.g. new placeholders to reference task names)
- Action Configuration: new options have been added to advanced action options that allow more flexibility when taking business hours into account.
- Action Configuration: new placeholders have been added to make properties like location, time zone and description available in actions.
- Performance: major improvements have been made when it comes to grid performance. Especially installations with more than 20 servers should notice a drastic improvement in working with the Live Monitor and an overall speedup as a secondary result to this
- Server Tooltip: a mouse-over tooltip has been added to the server name in Health Grid, displaying server properties like time zone and location. This area will be improved further in upcoming versions.
- Server Tooltip: as long as a tooltip is open, the health grid will not refresh anymore. It will refresh at the next scheduled update time instead, if no tooltip is being displayed.
- Display Options: Cluster nodes and the certifier-part of a server name can now be hidden. Access this functionality via right-clicking the server list
- Generating Charts: multiple charts can now be generated at once by selecting them in the left pane, triggering the function via the right-click context menu. Two variants are available: generate charts with the timing they are configured for, or select a manual time range.
- Axis Options: configuration options for axes in charts have been vastly improved. Settings that could only be changed in the chart definition are now adaptable directly in the charting window.
- Number Separators: manual report export via the GreenLight fontend now honors the user settings for decimal and thousands separators
Domino DB Analyzer
- Fixed label mix-up ACL levels Reader and Author were switched
- Task Status Sensor: fixed issue that would result in showing invalid numbers occasionally if a lot of Task sensors are scheduled
- Cluster Analysis: fixed an issue where and error during reading a corrupt DB's ACL would lead to a general sensor error
- Mailflow Sensor: fixed issue where mails where sometimes not purged after successful sensor run
- Chart Generation: fixed issue that would prevent relative time ranges (e.g. last 7 days) to update upon pressing the "Generate" button, thus displaying old data
- Clusters were wrongly counted as nodes during the license check. The procedure has been adapted
- Scan Schedule: an issue could sometimes prevent updating the scan schedule. The bug has been fixed and the interface has undergone minor changes to be more intuitive