By default, MarvelClient collects information about the users' icons, local replicas, notes.ini entries and more, but doesn't collect location and connection documents from names.nsf. If a more thorough names.nsf analysis is required, this can be enabled via a pre-defined agent, as well as a few Notes.ini variables - the following screenshot shows the view [Add Ons\Locations\by Name] with a sample collection of Locations:
The following details can be collected from names.nsf using the optional additional collection agent:
- Location - shows a list of users and their location documents
- Locations - by name - shows the list of collected location documents categorized by their respective names
- Connections - lists users and their connection documents
- Accounts - shows additional accounts users may have setup on their clients
- Certificates - lists internet and notes certificates and cross certificates for users
Enabling optional collection of location-, connection-, account- and/or certificate documents:
- Go to the Example view in the MarvelClient Config database, copy the Audit/Monitoring - Optional Add-Ons - Configure Collection of Locations and Connections (TODO: Run Agent Action) action and paste it into any other action view.
(Alternatively, from the [All Actions] view, click on the "Examples" entry in the Objects - File - Settings ... menu bar, select "Create action(s) from example(s)" and select the following example)
- Navigate to any other action view and locate the pasted, disabled action.
- Open the disabled action and either enable it as-is, or remove select variables you don't wish to inventory.
NOTE: MC_UploadDB and MC_AddonColKeyInv are required paramaters, while MC_AddonColGetLocations, MC_AddonColGetConnections, MC_AddonColGetAccounts and MC_AddonColGetCertificates are optional to collect locations, connections, accounts and certificates.
- Create a new "Run Agent" type action, name it and set the runtype to "On first server access after start" so as to collect names.nsf configuration documents after any prior changes have been written by MarvelClient.
Note: this runtype is available on Windows only; for Mac & Linux please set the runtype to "After login"
Also note that for Windows you may want to choose the runtype "On first server access" in order to collect the data after client startup in the background.
- Click on "Select existing source Database" and navigate to/select to your MarvelClient Analyze database.
- Click on "OK" to the prompt "Agent: Please select an agent from the source database".
- Click on "Select existing Agent" and select "X.Addon PERNAB: Collect LocalNamesDetails" and then click on OK.
- If desired, populate the "When" or "Who" tab to restrict it to certain types of users, then save and close the action.
Note that the configuration action determines how often names.nsf configuration documents are to be collected.
After setting the respective ini entries with the config action above, the agent will reset them back to "not set" (=remove them from notes.ini) as soon as it has run successfully.
NOTE: Enabling optional names.nsf inventory should take a very short amount of time but we still recommend you carefully evaluate your needs and monitor only what is necessary.
Also note that it is NOT recommended to collect accounts and certificates (at least not into your production analysis database, since a client has 300+ such documents at average - if you really need to collect those documents, you are advised to collect them into a different analysis database; hence, the MC_UploadDB parameter)
Last but not least note that the agent does NOT collect any contacts from end user addressbooks.
NOTE: As always, test thoroughly before implementing. Your users will thank you!