PLEASE NOTE: the Document Properties "Basic" plugin cannot be updated on Notes clients 12.0.1 or higher because it is packaged with the client. You must upgrade your Notes client to get a new version.
The Pro version of the plugin can be installed and updated on any version of Notes (9.0.1 and higher) but some features and fixes listed below require specific versions of the Basic plugin to be installed.
05 December 2022
- PRO: Added an option in the Actions menu to switch between MIME and rich text, for documents containing stored MIME. Requires Notes 12.0.2 or higher.
- PRO: Fixed a bug where modifying fields on a document with stored MIME would convert the MIME fields to rich text.
- PRO: Fixed a bug where empty entries at the end of a multi-value field would be trimmed if that field was modified.
- Single-value date field values now display the time zone, just like multi-value date fields and created/modified dates. Not yet available on Notes 12.
02 September 2022
New items in the Info pane for "Added (in this file)" and "Modified (in this file)". Not yet available on Notes 12.
A slightly more descriptive error message is now shown if a document cannot be opened because the database is local but is not in the data directory. Not yet available on Notes 12.
Version 12.0.10 (included with Notes 12.0.2)
09 June 2022
- New "Keep dialog open" option on the Choose A Profile Document dialog makes the dialog remain open after you open or delete a profile doc, until you uncheck it or click Cancel.
- New Summary and Signed columns in the fields table make it easy for you to sort and find which fields are summary fields, and which ones are either signed or encrypted. These columns are hidden by default, you can now right-click anywhere on the field list to get a Columns menu, which allows you to show/hide any column in the table.
- The Copy menu has a few new options, allowing you to easily copy selected field names, values, or full field info to the clipboard.
- Document Properties plugin version is now displayed on the Info tab of the Document Properties dialog.
- $FolderRef fields now show multiple folders, and they also have a human-readable list of folder names in addition to the folder UNIDs.
- Fixed a bug where very large text and rich text fields might not display the full text in the information panel.
- Fixed a bug where the CTRL-ALT-L hotkey was causing the Document Properties dialog to appear when users tried to type the "ļ" character on a Latvian keyboard.
- PRO: New Actions menu on the Document Properties dialog, with options to Refresh Fields (which reloads the field table with the current values in the document), Compare With Current (which displays changes between the fields displayed in the dialog and the fields currently in the document, if they've changed), and Compare Later/Compare With Compare Later (same as the right-click menu in a view). Requires Notes 12.0.2 or higher.
- PRO: Documents in the Document Compare dialog now have the same Copy, Edit, and Actions menus as the individual Document Properties dialog. This makes it easy to export fields, copy items between documents, etc. Requires Notes 12.0.2 or higher.
- PRO: New "Open by NoteID or UNID" menu option.
- INSTALLER: Better information on the Installer dialog about what version you currently have (if any) and why you can’t install Basic on 12.0.1+.
Version 12.0.9 (included with Notes 12.0.1 FP1)
18 February 2022
- Initial release of Document Properties Pro!
- Better detection of hidden database design
- New notes.ini setting AdvProp_NoPro=1 to disable the use of the panagenda Document Properties Pro plugin
31 January 2022
- Fixed a problem where multiple Received fields on an internet email document would all show the same value
- Hide fields in the Document Properties dialog when the $KeepPrivate flag is set
- Hide fields in the Document Properties dialog if the database design is hidden
- CTRL+ALT+L hotkey can now be disabled with notes.ini setting AdvProp_HotkeyEnabled=0, to avoid conflicts with Polish keyboard AltGR key combinations; it is also disabled specifically if the Notes client is started using the Polish locale, and we also try to avoid conflicts with the AltGr key combination if the Polish character is detected as input even if the ini setting is not set
- Copyright updated to 2022
Version 12.0.7 (included with Notes 12.0.1)
15 September 2021
- Dialog title bar now shows FirstName LastName instead of "Mr." (or similar) when viewing properties for a Person document.
- The profile document Delete button is now hidden by default. It can be re-enabled using the notes.ini setting AdvProp_ProfileAllowDelete=1
- Profile documents are now hard deleted so they don't end up in a soft-deletion view.
- All known problems with Mail views in "gutter" mode (when "Show check marks in margin for selected documents" is active) have been fixed.
Version 12.0.6 (included with Notes 12.0.1 Beta 1)
30 July 2021
- Fixed a display problem on MacOS Big Sur when the search option was used.
12 July 2021
- Fixed a problem where the Profile Document menu sometimes didn't work properly for empty Notes views in PIM databases.
- Fixed a problem where the right-click menu was not available when right-clicking an image in a MIME email.
08 July 2021
- Computed-for-display fields are now listed if you get Document Properties for a document that is currently open in the UI.
- KNOWN ISSUE: sometimes computed-for-display fields are not available for MIME emails.
- Fix for duplicate error messages if you try to get Document Properties for a new document that hasn't been saved yet.
- Fix for NullPointerException that could happen in rare cases when the Document Properties dialog gets refreshed when "follow document selection" is being used.
01 July 2021
- Added a progress bar dialog when getting a list of profile documents for databases with a lot of profile documents, because this can sometimes take a while.
- Fixed a problem where databases with more than 6000 profile documents would return an error getting a list of profile documents.
- Fixed a problem where MIME emails would sometimes not have the Advanced Properties menus when they were open in a tab.
- Fixed a problem where you couldn't get document properties for soft-deleted documents.
13 April 2021
- Document Properties Info tab now shows if a document has been signed and/or encrypted, with signature information if available.
- $FILE fields now show the size of the attachment in the size column, not the size of the field itself (which is much smaller).
- Fixed a MacOS problem where it would take several seconds to refresh the field value pane in Document Properties, when switching from a very large field to another field.
- Added a notes.ini variable AdvProp_menuVisibleInMailView, which hides the right-click Advanced Properties menu in folders and views in the mail database only. Admins can set the variable to "0" to activate this behavior, if they want to match the behavior of the native document properties menu in this situation (it's also hidden in the right-click menu of mail views). The top-level menus are not affected by this variable, only the right-click menu.
- Made a few small changes to the mnemonics of the top-level menus, to make them easier to use (keys are closer together). The mnemonics are:
- Document Properties: Alt-F,V,D
- Profile Documents: Alt-F,V,F
- Compare Selected: Alt-F,V,C
- Compare Later: Alt-F,V,T
- Compare with 'Compare Later': Alt-F,V,W
07 April 2021
- Added notes.ini variables to control visibility of menus:
- AdvProp_menuVisible=0 hides the entire "Advanced Properties" menu and all submenus
- AdvProp_profileMenuVisible=0 hides the Profile Documents menu
- AdvProp_compareLaterMenuVisible=0 hides the "Compare Later" menus
- Added "Advanced Properties" options to the File menu and the File - Application menu, in addition to the right-click menu. You can use mnemonics to quickly open the menu items, for example ALT-F, V, P will open the Profile Documents menu item.
- Advanced Document Properties dialog can now be triggered with CTL-ALT-L on Windows, CMD-ALT-L on Mac.
- Dialog sizes are now persistent, so the next dialog you open will be the same size as the last.
26 March 2021
- Initial external release (we've been using this internally for a while)
- Notes Standard (Eclipse-based) client versions supported: 8.5 - 12
- Languages supported: English