Best Practices for HCL Notes/Domino Security. Part 2: The Domino Server
Read our Webinar Slides on Slideshare.
Servers are the backbone of your IT environment. Their security is paramount to any IT professional. Particularly with remotely accessible servers this becomes a delicate matter. It is a fine line between making it easy for users to do their job, and making it hard for bad actors to find a way in.
Security concerns include the lack of physical security for devices, the use of unsecured networks, the unwanted external availability of internal resources, and unauthorized access from within your own organization.
What you will learn
- Learn fundamentals of Domino server security
- Fix issues with the default configuration and avoid common pitfalls
- Provide safe and secure access via Notes client, HTTP, or SMTP
- Set up database access control across your infrastructure
- Protect your servers from internal attacks
- Avoid vulnerabilities by keeping Domino servers and operating system up-to-date