What Do You Get Out of It?
As with Nomad and Notes on other platforms, you get some goodies straight out of the box, for free, forever.
- Get a rudimentary overview of your Nomad Web landscape.
- Manage some core settings in the notes.ini, like User Preferences & application specific parameters and values.
- Give your users a good start into Nomad Web with a one-time migration of their settings and desktop from existing Notes clients. (Not available with initial release, will be delivered with Nomad Web 1.0.2)
But Wait, There Is More!
While the free functionalities are a great first step, paid MarvelClient modules are also available to really go all the way.
- Create an adaptive configuration that restores itself at every start. Ensure stable and reliable operation and prevent issues from occurring in the first place.
- Discover problems, plan a course of action, and monitor the effect of your changes with an in-depth analysis of your Nomad landscape.
- Standardize settings and UI to provide the ideal user experience from the first start – tailored to every end-user’s needs.
- Allow your end-users to seamlessly move between all instances of Nomad Web, Nomad Mobile, and Notes clients.
- Automatically restore Nomad Web state in case of device loss, -swap, or browser cache reset.
All of it comes together to significantly lower admin effort, reduce the volume of help desk tickets by 80%, and maximize end-user productivity.
Let’s Talk About Migration Roaming.
One of the exciting free functionalities is the one-time migration to Nomad Web. It makes sure that a user who launches Nomad Web for the first time is greeted by the client they know. Their icons, their applications, their settings – all there.
Stay on the lookout, this feature will be available with the release of Nomad Web 1.0.2 later this year!
In the meantime, you can already begin preparations by continuously collecting the configuration of all your traditional Notes clients with MarvelClient Essentials. These roaming sets are stored for each user in your MarvelClient Analyze database, ready and waiting. All their configuration contained within just a few dozen kilobytes.
Once Migration Roaming becomes available, it is an easy matter to turn it on for the set of users you desire. From then on, during any first-time start of Nomad Web, panagenda’s roaming technology will be able to locate their latest uploaded roaming set and automatically carry it over into Nomad. Et voilà!
Make Sure You Are Ready
Before switching all your users from Notes clients to Nomad Web, you should consider a few things:
- Check that your applications do not require functionality that is unsupported on Nomad Web, such as client-side support for Java, XPages, and OLE objects. Our very own iDNA Applications can analyze your applications for you.
- Make sure that you have ID Vault set up, as it is required for Nomad Web to work.
- You need the latest version of Nomad Server up and running, Nomad Web cannot access Domino servers directly.
Got Questions or Ideas?
HCL and panagenda are in touch with various customers and partners these days to shape the future of HCL Nomad Web. Together, we want to make sure that you get the most out of HCL Nomad Web.